Sunday 7 April 2013

Introduction to DBA

It's been months since the DBA group last discussed to run another campaign somewhere 3rd or 4th quarter this year entitle "Greeks In Peril". 

So yesterday I was given an introduction to DBA (De Bellis Antiquitatis), joining some friends in their "Persian Campaign" held at a local game shop. What I really meant is, joining as a spectator not a participant. Thus far, what ever knowledge I gotten about DBA are information gathered via online.

After witnessing 5 battles, it seems to be relatively easy to understand the battle mechanics and also seems to be easy to follow, but I was warned on numerous occasion, it is hard to master. Well I totally understand that it involves meanuvering, flanking, support and understanding of your troops and the terrains in play, all of which may prove fatal when the conditions are right.

Initially, I was advised to take up the Carthaganian army, but that did not occur as 5 other players already chosen it. I am pondering whether to take up the Syracusan army since it currently do not have any takers, the same condition with the Theban army. However, after little more than 2 weeks of pondering, still ain't sure which faction to take for the next DBA campaign. From the online information, Syracusan army, is not encourage for newbie noob such as myself  =.="
I was unable to produce any pictures of the 5 battles played yesterday, but however, managed to take some Ancient Egyptian army, thanks to Ian Alexander for giving me this opportunity to examine and play with it. Enjoy~~!!

Commander - Heavy Chariot

Commander - Heavy Chariot

Commander - Calvary Variant
Archers
  
Spears
Spears

Psiloi
Light Calvary


No comments:

Post a Comment